It is during the teenage years that the last of a teen’s adult teeth appear and the harsh reality sets in that it is the last set of teeth that will ever grow in. When the wisdom teeth do take their stand, the chance for them growing in incorrectly or overcrowding the other teeth becomes a real prospect.
Despite the augmented risk for oral ailments, there are still plenty of habits they can avoid keeping their teeth safe. Focus your oral health care on teenage dentistry. Save your smile with teenage dentistry and these important facts:
– Guard your smile by visiting your dentist for regular checkups and bi-annual professional cleanings.
– Make an effort to brush your teeth twice daily and floss at least once daily.
– Remove bad habits from your life that can ruin a smile, including smoking, drinking, and using drugs.
– Make sure to wear protective gear such as mouth guards, face masks, and helmets when playing contact sports or any other similar high-risk activity.
– Keep your distance from risks to your mouth such as mouth jewelry which can cause infections, crack or chip teeth, cut or slice your gums, or become choking hazards.
No matter the needs you require from your smile, our team at Thomas G. Schleicher, DDS PLC can help. Dr. Tom G. Schleicher and our team can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine which teenage dentistry procedure is best for you and your oral health care needs. To schedule a visit to our dentist office in Colonial Heights, Virginia, call us at 804-526-0231. Let us help you with all of your oral health care needs!