Cavities do not take breaks, so even if you have taken time off for the holiday season, or are still spending time enjoying the new year festivities, don’t forget that your oral health care habits cannot take days off. Brushing and flossing should be daily activities that are always employed to ensure your teeth and gums operate at their finest levels.
The battle against cavities starts today. Listed below is an excellent starter guide to implementing a safe and effective oral health care treatment for preventing cavities:
– Avoid sticky candies, chewy snacks, or other foodstuffs that are difficult to wash away or remove from your teeth and gums.
– Mouthwash is good for rinsing away bad bacteria and food particles.
– Floss once daily with ADA-approved dental floss or dentist recommended flossing tools.
– Visit your dentist at Thomas G. Schleicher, DDS PLC regularly for professional cleanings or oral exams.
– Make sure you practice proper etiquette with your brushing tactics including how you brush and how you care for your toothbrush.
– Brush your teeth twice daily with toothpaste that is ADA-approved or dentist recommended.
– After meals, chewing sugarless gum for at least 20 minutes has been shown to fight cavities.
As long as you take the necessary steps to protect yourself, cavities can be prevented. If you would like to schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Tom G. Schleicher, please call our office at 804-526-0231. We are located in Colonial Heights, Virginia. We look forward to making your oral health care for the new year the brightest one yet.