If you neglect your oral health while pregnant, you could be putting your health and your baby’s health at risk. Recent medicals studies show a connection between your oral health and overall health while pregnant, as well as a link with other conditions that include the health of your baby.
Our dentist, Dr. Tom G. Schleicher, is happy to help your oral health while pregnant. Additionally, our team at Thomas G. Schleicher, DDS PLC in Colonial Heights, Virginia, wants to share with you insights you need about pregnancy and oral health.
Here is a list of intel on the subject:
– When you are pregnant, due to morning sickness and being tremendously tired, poor oral hygiene can become a problem and has been linked to other conditions such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and premature delivery making it more significant than ever to keep up with your oral hygiene routine.
– Be sure to tell your dentist if you are taking any medicines or prenatal vitamins during your checkup.
– Always visit your dentist often when you are pregnant to make sure your oral health is in excellent shape.
– Keep up with your oral hygiene regularly, which includes brushing at least twice a day and flossing daily.
– Watch your diet while you are pregnant for both you and your baby’s sake and avoid sugars which can be harmful to your overall health and your oral health too.
– Pregnancy will increase your chance of gum disease.
If you are ready for your dental visit while pregnant, or if you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 804-526-0231 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to help you and give you a dental cleaning.